Sitecore PowerShell Extensions provides a way to organize your scripts into modules.
Some benefits to using modules:
- The integration points contained within each module can be enabled or disabled globally. For this to take full affect the integration should be rebuilt in the ISE.
- Organization of custom scripts is a cinch.
- More reasons can be found in Adam's post.
Note: The Platform module is one you should avoid changing.
Getting started with your own module is a short process and something you should do for all of your custom scripts.
- Navigate to the Script Library item and Insert -> PowerShell Script Module.
- Enter the name for the new module and click OK.
- Right click the new module and Scripts -> Create libraries for integration points.
- Select the appropriate integration points for your module.
- Select the module and enable for use.
- Open the ISE, switch to the Settings tab, and rebuild integrations.